June 27- July 2, 2016 | Practical Electromagnetics for Modern Antennas, RF and Microwave Designs | SVNIT, Surat | Workshop
Practical Electromagnetics for Modern Antennas, RF and Microwave Designs
One of the major challenges faced by the teachers teaching Electromagnetics and Wave Theory course at the graduate (5th/ 6th Semester) levels in Electronics and Communications Engineering is perhaps how to visualize Electromagnetic Wave Theory and translate that concept into Antenna & Microwave Designs. In addition, the lack of hands on practices on the part of teachers makes it much more difficult to generate interest in students. The primary objective of the proposed FDP is to enable the teachers to enhance the effectiveness of teaching the subject through a series of hands on illustrative teaching – learning activities/ experiments bridging the theoretical concepts to the industry relevant practices. The program caters to the needs of professors pursuing their higher studies/ research in Advanced Antennas and Microwave Designs.
At the end of the program you will be able to understand
- Electromagnetics theory, Antennas and its critical applications.
- Computational Electromagnetic Techniques.
- Application of Computational Electromagnetics to Antennas, waveguides and passive microwave components.
- Waveguide Theory, Modes, Power-divider concepts.
- Design and develop Antennas, Power Dividers, Couplers, Filters using simulation tools.
- Introduction to couplers, Isolators and Filters and array analysis.
- RF circuit and system design, simulation and analysis.
- Teachers with little or no prior experience of teaching Electromagnetic Theory, Antennas, RF & Microwave.
- Teachers seeking design hands-on insight on RF, Microwave & Antenna and RF Circuit and system designs.
- M Tech Communication students and faculties, research scholars working in the field of Antennas / RF / MW or High frequency area.
Day 1 : Introduction to Computational Electromagnetics
- HFSS Introduction
- High Frequency Simulation and Analysis Basics Boundary conditions and excitations
- Design, Simulation, optimization and Characterization of a patch Antenna.
- EM Wave propagation
Day 2 :
- Theory of Couplers and Filters
- Design and Simulation of Rat Race Coupler using HFSS
- High Frequency Simulation and Analysis basics
- Boundary conditions and excitations
- Band pass filter / Eigen mode Coaxial resonator filter using HFSS
- EMI (Electromagnetic Interference) analysis using HFSS
Day 3 :
- Introduction to Designer
- Designer RF –HFSS Dynamic Linking Impedance matching of an antenna.
- Introduction to Antenna Array
- Design of Active Antenna Array using HFSS
Day 4 :
- SAR Analysis using HFSS
- Design and Simulation of Waveguide antenna using HFSS
- Design and Simulation of Dual Polarized antenna using HFSS
Day 5 :
- Meta- materials Concepts and Applications
- Design, Simulation and Characterization of Split Ring Resonator
- Design, Simulation and Characterization of Leaky Wave Antenna
Day 6 : Demonstration and Practical Aspects of RF & Microwave
- Demonstration of X-band Microwave Components and Devices
- Demonstration of S-band Microwave Components and Devices
- Demonstration of Radar Trainer KIT and LNA
- S-Parameter Measurements of Microwave Component and Devices.
Students: INR 1,000
Teaching faculty: INR 2,000
Industry persons: INR 3,000
Prof. Golak Santra
Mobile: +91 8980692441
Mobile: +91 9427452999
Registration is closed for this seminar.