May 18-22, 2015 | Entuple Technologies, Bangalore | Paid FDP
‘Bridging Concepts to Practice’ Training Series
One of the key challenges in teaching Electromagnetics and Wave Theory course for engineering graduates is perhaps to visualize Electromagnetic Wave Theory and translate the related concepts into Antenna & Microwave Designs.
Our training programs are designed to enable the faculty members in driving an effective teaching–learning interaction. This training program will take you through a series of hands–on illustrative teaching–learning activities/ experiments bridging the theoretical concepts to the industry relevant application perspective as well as practices.
- Teachers with little or no prior experience of teaching Electromagnetic Theory, Antennas, RF & Microwave.
- Teachers seeking design hands-on insight on RF, Microwave & Antenna and RF Circuit and system designs.
- M Tech Communication students and faculties, Research scholars in Antennas/RF/MW/High Frequency areas
At the end of the program you will be able to
- Electromagnetics theory, Antennas and its critical applications.
- Computational Electromagnetic Techniques.
- Application of Computational Electromagnetics to Antennas, waveguides and passive microwave components.
- Waveguide Theory, Modes, Power-divider concepts.
- Design and develop Antennas, Power Dividers, Couplers, Filters using simulation tools.
- Introduction to couplers, Isolators and Filters and array analysis.
- Design Optimization for Manufacturing.
- RF circuit and system design, simulation and analysis.
- Rapid Prototyping methods for Antennas and other Planar Microwave devices.
- Introduction to Electromagnetics Theory
- Static E & Steady State H Fields
- Understanding Field distributions – Maxwell’s Equations
- Time-varying fields and transmission lines
- Radiation v/s Induction, Near v/s Far field
- EM Wave propagation
- Antenna Basics, types and their applications, S-parameters, Smith Chart
- Introduction to Computational Electromagnetics- FEM, MOM, FDTD, FEBI, MLFMM, GTD, UTD, PO, GO.
Day 2 : Computational Electromagnetics and its application to Antennas
- High Frequency Simulation and Analysis basics
- Boundary conditions and Excitations
- Lab 1 – Design, Simulation and Characterization of an Edge Fed Patch Antenna
- Post-processing and Optimization of the Patch Antenna
- Exercise – Tool Modeling:
- Magic Tee Waveguide
- Band-pass Filter
Day 3 : Waveguides, Filters, Hybrid Solvers, RF circuit and system designs
- Waveguide Basics, Modes-TE, TM and TEM
- Lab 2 – Design, Simulation and Characterization of a Rectangular Waveguide
- Filter Concepts
- Lab 3 – Design, Simulation and Characterization of a Band Pass Filter
- Overview of Hybrid Solvers
- RF Circuits and Systems overview, MPSK, Tx and Rx systems
- Designer overview
- Lab 5 – Design, Simulation and Characterization of a Low Noise Amplifier
- Lab 4 – Design, Simulation and Characterization of a Horn fed Reflector Antenna
Day 4 : Active Antennas, MRI and SAR Analysis
- Active Antenna Design with RF Backend
- Lab 6 – Design, Simulation and Characterization of an Active Antenna with an amplifier
- SAR and MRI studies and Analysis.
- Lab 7 – Design, Simulation and Characterization of a Antenna embedded along with a Phantom model to carry out SAR Analysis.
Day 5 : Metamaterials, Finite Arrays and Antenna Fabrication and Test
- Metamaterials Concepts and Applications (Detailed Course to follow)
- Lab 8 – Design, Simulation and Characterization of a Split Ring Resonator and Finding its characteristic values.
- Finite Array Analysis (Detailed Course to follow)
- Antenna Fabrication and VNA testing
No. of participants: 15
Tool used: ANSYS HFSS, MITS Antenna Prototyping Machine, Vector Network Analyzer
- Teaching faculty: INR 33,700
- Ph.D Research Scholar & M. Tech. Students: INR 20,000
- Industrial Participants: INR 45,000
- Tea and working lunch will be provided at the venue during the program.
Prices are inclusive of all taxes.
Note: Accommodation facility provided only to the participants who have requested for it at the time of registration and against the due advance payment of registration fees as indicated. Accommodation Charges are extra at INR 10,000.00 + 12.36% [ Tax]
Mr. Jathin K P
Mobile: +91 8951529637
Land Line : 080-42028111
Registration is closed for this seminar.